Dreams to Sea Cottages is the perfect place to just sit on the deck and watch the world go by. Or perhaps maybe you'd rather curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book or video. Or take a stroll across the rolling lawns or amble along through nearby fields. Or watch the breathtaking display of crimsons and golds from your deck chair as the sun dips down on the horizon. Or why not fire up the bbq to grill up some succulent Island seafood and world-famous PEI potatoes. Whatever it is you've come to do, the friendly knowledgeable local staff at Dreams to Sea are ready with a smile to help you enjoy your home away from home.
Available at the front desk....
Island Tourism Information and maps
laundry Facilities (pay-as-you-go)
CAVENDISH and AREA
All you want to know: https://cavendishbeachpei.com/
Rain or Shine, the sights and sounds of beautiful Cavendish PEI offer something for everyone.
Dreams to Sea Cottages is situated on a tranquil hillside overlooking the ocean (.8 km from the cottages down to the shore line) and is set just between 1 to 1.5 kms from the main entrances of both the Cavendish National Park and Green Gables Homestead.
For golf enthusiasts: we are conveniently located within 5 - 15 minutes of seven golf courses: Green Gables, Forest Hills, Glasgow Hills Resort, Rusico Resort , Eagles Glenn, Red Sands, and Anderson Creek. For more information on these courses and PEI's 19 other golf courses visit the Golf Prince Edward Island website.
A few of my/our personal Cavendish favorites...
- The Cavendish Boardwalk for great souvenirs and fast food delights.
- Room Escape for great quizzical fun!
- Captain Kidd's Dairy Bar for some downhome Island ADL icecream!!
- Sandspit for its great value and family fun and adventure.
- Carr's Oyster Bar in Stanley bridge...just a short drive away folks to an evening of entertaining local Island talent and cold one on tap!!
- Green Gables Homestead for its wealth of history and culture and beautifully groomed walking trails (borrow our family pass fpr complimemtary admission)
- The Eagles Glenn Golf Courseand the Famous Links at Green Gables for the golfers in the crowd.
- King Tuts Tomb and River Of Adventure MiniGolf for its challenging yet fun-for-all minigolf and Tut inspired museum.
RUSTICO and AREA
Head to the right after exiting the driveway and you will find that just over the hills and around a few bends, a true taste of Island hospitality awaits you. Welcome to Rustico...quaint and rustic and so pretty and home of the world famous Fisherman's Wharf Lobster Suppers. You just have to try it!!
Some of our personal Rustico favorites...
- The Bearded Skipper for the deep sea chance to reel in some cod or mackerel while swapping stories with a couple of the finest 'ol gentleman to sail the seas.
- By The Bay Family Restaurant is our go to spot at the end of a crazy busy day. OPEN YEARROUND!!
- Fisherman's Wharf for a world famous lobster supper experience!
- The Rustico Boardwalk for thee perfect place to leisurelly stroll alongside the waters of Rustico Bay and take in some of the most beautiful and peace-filled coastal sights the Island has to offer.
- PEI Liquor Store for a crisp bottle of fruit wine from PEI's original winery, Rossignol Estates. My personal favorite: Raspberry! It pairs perfectly with a chocolate truffle from
- Green Gables Chocolate Factory(Cavendish Boardwalk).
- The Pearl Restaurant for unquestionably one of the finest in fine dining on PEI. Unquestionably my favorite dining room on the Island.
CHARLOTTETOWN and AREA
Just a short scenic drive away is our provincial capital, Charlottetown.With a population of just under 50,000 you will find a city rich in national and provincial history, culture and arts, shopping, dining, and nightlife. If you need it...it's in town somewhere.
A few personal Town favorites...
- Gahan House and Brewery for its modern pub ambiance and delectable fare that will tempt any pallet. Grab a tour and a brew from their in house microbrewery!!
- Sams Family Restaurant for great fish n chips.
- The Old Dublin Pub for a downhome kick-up-your-heels night with the finest musicians the East Coast has to offer.
- The Farmers Market on a summer Wednesday or Saturday morning for a taste of the local fare and a peek at some local craft wares.
- Peakes Quay for its great waterfront view, boardwalk, shops, dining and live nightly local entertainment (seasonally open).
- Beanz Cafe for its quaint local cafe style, great sweets and sandwich choices and local art displays: a true Island coffee shop delight.